A lot of research goes into building a solid personal injury case in order to provide powerful, indisputable evidence to win for you the highest financial compensation.
What you can do
The more documentation and evidence you can bring with you when you come to my Florida personal injury law office, the more quickly I will be able to evaluate your case and determine the next steps. The types of documentation you should bring with you include:
- Complete medical records and test results, from before your injury and since, for any medical practitioners you have seen regarding your injuries from the incident, including psychology reports
- A list of medical expenses associated with the injury, including logs of doctor visits, prescriptions, therapy, and ideally a journal of conversations you’ve had with medical practitioners (what you told them or asked them, what they told you)
- Any before and after photos or videos – evidence of your condition before and after the incident; pictures of the automobile or malfunctioning product before and after, if applicable
- Police report, if applicable
- Eyewitness testimonies, if you were able to get them; statements from close relatives or friends such as a spouse about how the injury has affected you
- Documentation of lost income or other losses
If you have been unable to collect all this information, I will help you. Upon listening intently to your story and reviewing your documentation, I will ask you specific questions to try to dig more deeply into the incident to find any nuances that may help broaden my search for areas of negligence and responsible parties. In many cases, there is more than one party who may bear some responsibility for the incident.
What I can do as your attorney
Once I accept a client, I treat the case as if it had happened to one of my own family members or friends. Depending on the type of case – auto accident, slip and fall, defective product, injury on public or private property, malpractice – I will conduct interviews, hire private investigators, and consult with experts in appropriate fields, such as forensic collision investigators, product engineers, or medical specialists. I have a wide network of expert witnesses and professionals who work with me to find powerful evidence and provide critical insight to boost and strengthen the legal argument
Besides building evidence, I will evaluate any laws, codes, or regulations that may apply to support our claims of negligence. While a personal injury case is a civil case, not a criminal case, if a law, code, or regulation has been broken that has caused your injury, this is clear negligence and your case is strengthened. I will also examine case precedents to evaluate how any similar cases were handled in the past and how to duplicate or even improve on those results.
One of my most important responsibilities is to properly evaluate your future medical costs, loss of income, and pain and suffering to demand an appropriate financial award. You deserve to be compensated for all your losses. I have experts with whom I can consult regarding your likely future prognosis and financial formulas to help me calculate the future value of your expenses, the wages you may have collected, and long-term pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and whatever else applies.
There are many steps involved in building a strong personal injury case and setting the appropriate compensation demand. As a Florida personal injury lawyer, I am committed to helping Florida residents throughout the state receive just and fair compensation to help them cope with the injuries they have sustained through someone else’s negligence. Contact me at (954) 448-7288 from anywhere in Florida 24/7 to schedule a free consultation to see how I can help you.